The Unofficial Rules of the DragonIsle forums, as explained by the Isle n00binator
1. Use proper grammar. Capitalize the 'I', please, peoples!
2. Use proper punctuation. Yes, that means adding an ENDING to your sentence! I don't want to see anymore 'hey im here', etc, posts, but rather 'Hey, I'm here!'.
3. Use proper spelling (to the best of your abilities, but really, do your best).
4. Use messaging for inter-member issues that are not relevant to the boards.
5. Don't complain about older (or any, for that matter) members.
6. Respect those who have been here longer, (not do what they say, but listen if they say you screwed up or something). Remember, we were here first, and we do deserve your respect.
7. Don't ask people why they didn't accept your request, or send an invite several times.
8. Don't double post.
9. Don't spam. There is a lovely example of a spam post farther down this thread, kindly supplied by Wolfer.
10. Try to learn about life here before you start doing stuff you shouldn't do.
11. Don't second-guess people.
12. Don't ask obvious questions, or try and clarify something that had already been explained. Especially when someone said they will or won't.
13. If someone wants to be left alone, leave them be.
14. There are times when immature/childish/n00bish jokes are funny, but wait until you can identify those times before you start acting like a n00b again simply for the sake of being funny.
15. Swearing is moderated, by us member mods and the Admin, so watch you mouth. Er, fingers. Sometimes, in messaging, it's funny, but be careful what you say on the boards.
16. Respect the moderator of the board you are on. If they warn you, I'd edit that post. We can delete posts, and obnoxious members will be reported to the Admin, but that goes for us, too. You can report us if you think we are being unreasonable. Remember, we are not infallible.
17. Respect Teh Draca-ness.
18. When you make a mistake, please, hit the 'edit post' button, don't make another post to amend it.
19. READ THE DATES BEFORE YOU POST ON A THREAD! Thread revival has to be one of the most annoying things EVER, so please, make sure you aren't bringing back a year-old thread. Us mods might not have time to lock them all.
20. For frak's sake, don't post in a roleplay unless you signed up.
21. Don't make fifty bajillion pointless threads. One is enough, thank you very much.
22. Yourself is one word. Ahead is one word. Eachother is NOT. Make sure when you used combined words that you use the right ones, please. You have no idea how frustrating it is to wade through a post when every other word is combined.
23. If you make a mistake, live with it. Don't go around trying to earn forgiveness, or anything else for that matter. We'll accept you when we want to, and you'll only make it worse by acting like a n00b.
24. RANDOM QUIZZES DO NOTHING TO RELIEVE BOREDOM. They only manage to make us as annoyed as heIl, and by us I mean the older members, the ones who know what we're doing here, who've been here the longest, and who HATE ANNOYING LITTLE MEMBERS WHO JOIN AND ACT LIKE THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. Gawds, people.
25. Making lame little comebacks like 'ur a n00b cause you call other ppl n00bs' is just pathetic. If we call you a n00b, we have a reason. So stop acting dumb, learn to type well, and see how that works. >>
26. Yeah. Like we'd listen to a n00b if they made a thread or a post telling all the other members what to do. Hey, guys, maybe a way to fit in and have more fun here is not tell us what to do and not be know-it-alls about us and how we act on the Isle.
27. Basically, never tell us members who've been here longer then you what to do. If something has happened that needs reporting, then report it, but don't try and force your ideas and opinions onto us. Just get on with your life, if you have one.
28. If you find something that happened a month or three months or even a year ago, don't make a thread complaining about it. It's in the past, it's OVER, we don't care about it anymore, and neither should you.
29. Here, you'll fit in best if you have a character. We'd be glad to help you, but if you act bratty about it, forget it.
30. WE decide when you're no longer a n00b. Not you.
31. We have a lot of drama here. Don't like it? Suck it or LEAVE.
32. Above all else, if the n00binator hits you with her sledgehammer, you ARE being a n00b, and you'd better start reading these rules again.
It seems like a lot, and it is, but if you do all this, life is better here for ALL of us.
This will always be under construction. Read this, and take it to heart, all new members. And I'll try to bump it up, too. I will make posts when I update this, so it will always be current.